Calling All Medical Professionals!!
March 30th, 2017 by Volunteer Center of Sonoma County
No fee! Come one, come all!
This training is a required step for new MRC members and a great way for all to network and learn more. Healthcare facility staff are invited, too. Please register for one or all at the Survey Monkey link below.
WHAT: MRC Orientation, Training and Practicum – This seminar will cover critical information about the Sonoma County MRC, local emergency preparedness and response structures followed by lunch and up-to-date hands-on trainings on a variety of topics.
- Understand the concept, core values, roles, and responsibilities of MRC volunteers in disasters.
- Learn about SEMS, NIMS, and the Public Health Emergency Preparedness Plan as they relate to MRC.
- Understand current trends in emerging infectious diseases.
- Understand the Disaster Healthcare Volunteer (DHV) volunteer registration and notification system.
- Understand scenarios in which MRC might be utilized
- Learn about ‘Stop the Bleed’ with hands on practice
- TB Disease vs. TB infection: Understand the difference. Learn to place and evaluate skin tests.
WHEN: Thursday May 18th
WHERE: North Coast Builders Exchange, Santa Rosa
REGISTER NOW: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MRC_ASB2017
Comments are closed.