FEMA Individual Assistance Applications Available NOW

September 23rd, 2015 by Luigi Lozano

FEMA Individual Assistance Applications Available to Lake County Residents

Visit http://www.fema.gov/news-release/2015/09/22/federal-aid-programs-state-california-declaration for information about obtaining Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) assistance for Lake County residents who have lost or suffered damage to property. Businesses and Individuals are encouraged to apply for assistance.

Affected individuals and business owners in designated areas can begin the disaster application process by registering online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or by web enabled mobile device at m.fema.gov

Three ways to apply:

1. Register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by web enabled mobile device at m.fema.gov.  

2. Call 1-800-621-FEMA  (1-800-621-3362)

3. Visit the Lake County Local Assistance Center and speak with a FEMA representative to complete application. Located at 21256 Washington Street, Middletown, CA


Disaster assistance applicants, who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY, should call 1-800-462-7585 directly; for those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362.

The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. (local time) seven days a week until further notice. Applicants registering for aid should be prepared to provide basic information about themselves (name, permanent address, phone number), insurance coverage and any other information to help substantiate losses.

Documents and Materials You Need to Apply:

  • Social Security number
  • Current and pre-disaster address
  • A telephone number where you can be contacted
  • Insurance information
  • Total household annual income
  • A routing and account number from your bank (only necessary if you want to have disaster assistance funds transferred directly into your bank account).
  • A description of your losses that were caused by the disaster

Applicants will be contacted and asked to make an appointment with an inspector to assess damage to property.



Leave a Reply